Leonardo-Finmeccanica, is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security. With headquarters in Italy and over 47,000 employees, Leonardo-Finmeccanica has a consolidated industrial presence in four main markets (Italy, the UK the U.S. and Poland), and an important network of strategic partnerships in the main high potential markets worldwide. Leonardo-Finmeccanica builds its competitiveness and success on two main pillars: first, continuous innovation, to be at the forefront of technology, and second, a customer-focused culture, an essential part of its commercial strategy. As a single entity since January 2016, Leonardo-Finmeccanica operates through seven Divisions (Helicopters, Aircraft, Aerostructures, Airborne & Space Systems, Land & Naval Defence Electronics, Defence Systems, Security & Information Systems) and the following subsidiaries and joint ventures: DRS Technologies (defence products, services and integrated support), Telespazio and Thales Alenia Space (satellite services and space manufacture), MBDA (missile systems), and ATR (regional aircraft).
- Highly qualified people (76% graduated, of which 12% PhDs)
- 50 papers for International conferences and journals in the last 5 years
- 23 Projects granted in the last 5 years
- Partnership with more than 20 European universities
- Over 30 academic researchers, thesis students and scholarship holders